WANTED: Network Technician
About the role
Telecom Luxembourg International's global network, comprised of cutting-edge platforms, is looking for a Network Technician. You will be responsible for delivering and configuring network infrastructure equipment, services and solutions needed to support client networking systems and environments. Perform day-to-day field installation, support, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of dedicated and shared data infrastructure such as network equipment and/or other telecommunications and network devices.
- On-site support at client premises performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, deployment, configuration, rebuild and decommissions.
- Physically install, configure and test network assets (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in network closets and data center network cabinets.
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network performance issues.
- Ensure the data network and all related equipment are in optimal working condition.
- Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed.
- Utilize network monitoring software tool during maintenance windows to ensure that all monitored network equipment is functioning in accordance with our clients' standards and SLAs, both before and after changes are made.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ data networking experience in field service, data center or related IT technician environment.
- English mandatory and French preferred. Luxembourgish is an asset.
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure components such as racks, labeling, commercial UPS, switches, routers, terminal server.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting the following: Principals of networking (layers 2 and 3);
- Day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission experience of advanced services.
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Valid driver’s license.
Do you want to meet your future team?
If you are interested in this attractive job opportunity, do not hesitate to send us your CV (PDF preferred). This position is handled by our HR Department.