WANTED: Network Engineer
About the role
Telecom Luxembourg International's global network, comprised of cutting-edge platforms, is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Backbone and Edge Engineering team. This team is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting our cutting edge networks. In this role, you will work closely with other engineers with a wide variety of deep technical expertise in software, systems, IP, and Optical networking to drive forward innovation and expansion of our network.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and management of the IP network and security appliances including routers, switches, wireless controllers and access points as well as enterprise Voice and Video environments.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with external partners and vendors and managing their interactions with Telecom Luxembourg International.
- Serve as escalation point for data network infrastructure devices; perform analysis of networking problems and provide highest-level crisis management.
- Provide support for network related production outages.
- Responsible for root cause analysis of problems and production slowdowns. Will use network tools like protocol analyzers and network management software to help make these determinations and recommend short- and long-term solutions.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the global technology team.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with On-Site Technicians as required.
- IP Networks: MPLS and Point to Point.
- Routing: EIGRP, BGP, Static Routing and InterVLANs Routing.
- Layer 2 Switching: VLANs, STP, PVST, RSTP, MST and EtherChannels.
- Other Protocols and Technologies: VPNs (IPSecs), GRE Tunnels, MPLS, HSRP, ACLs, TACACs, ACS, NPS, Active Directory, DNS, Route Maps, Prefix Lists, Distribution Lists, SNMP, DHCP, IPV6, Multicast, Wi-Fi, QoS and VoIP.
- WiFi Knowledge is strong asset: Configure, monitor, troubleshoot and support large enterprise wireless networks (over 100 APs per site), WLAN RF principles, IEEE 802.11, authentications, encryption methods, APs deployment methods,mobility groups, SSIDs anchoring, roaming, RRM and custom RF Profiles according the environment.
- Security: Proxies, Fortigates, ASAs, Juniper and Checkpoint.
- You have at least five years of experience as a Network Engineer
- You have demonstrable expertise in routing and switching technologies
- You have managed external partners and vendors
- You have familiarity with network monitoring tools.
- You understand how to utilize packet capture software like Wireshark to isolate complex network issues.
- You're an excellent communicator and can present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
Do you want to meet your future team?
If you are interested in this attractive job opportunity, do not hesitate to send us your CV (PDF preferred). This position is handled by our HR Department.